In 1989 with a truckload of donated snacks given to needy families in Winter Garden, a seed was planted that would later become Bread of life Fellowship, Inc. By 1994, the initiative had grown into a non-profit, faith-based organization. During the next few years, BOLF consistently served more families with food and spiritual nourishment. A new 6,600 square foot warehouse was built and dedicated in 2012 allowing us to serve more organizations more efficiently. In 2013 we were able to feed 82,069 adults & 30,669 children, resulting in 1,831 committments to Christ. We tracked 30,250 volunteer hours between our warehouse and outreach programs. We received 2.6 million pounds of donated goods from companies all over Florida to help feed the hungry in our own backyard (see our Sponsors tab for businesses that donate goods on a regular basis).
- Our vision for Bread of Life Fellowship is to grow in our ability to:
- Build up the whole person - body, soul and spirit
- Empower people to serve those in need
- Improve our facilities, vehicles and food suppliers
- Expand from a regional to a national organization
In 2015 we expanded by adding Southeastern Food Bank, a division of Bread of Life Fellowship, Inc.